Monday, March 14, 2011

Remembering #7

When I was young I grew up with the French Connection and the late Rick Martin. I can still see the French Connection skating at the old Aug in Buffalo. Gilbert Perreault centering a line with left winger Rick Martin and right winger Rene Robert. They were among the best in the NHL. Some of my fondest memories of #7 include Rick's slapshot. I will never forget seeing the French Connection reunited and back on the ice at the Arena a couple of weeks ago after Terry Pegula completed his purchase of the Buffalo Sabres. There again was #11, #14 and of course #7. rico, you will be missed.

Frank Williams

1 comment:

  1. The French Connection was a fabulous trio. My memory goes something like, "There's Perreault, winding up in his own end...." He skated on air.

    ReplyDelete